Photo by Tennessee Tech Center for Rural Innovation


Permits & Zoning

water fountain in front of local shops
Burn Permits

Burn permits may be obtained online at

Building Permits

Building permits are not required for Overton County.

If the property is in the city limits of Livingston, call City Hall at 931-823-1269 for more information.

Codes & Zoning

Overton County does not have building codes or zoning restrictions for properties outside of the Livingston City Limits.

Electrical Permits

Electrical permits are required by the state of Tennessee and can be obtained online at

Or you can call City Electric Supply in Cookeville, TN at 931-526-7788.

Septic Permits

Septic permits may be obtained online at